Monday, August 15, 2011

Blanck Mass - Blanck Mass


There are people in the world that would be enthralled by music like this. I, unfortunately, am not one of them. A short readout of Blanck Mass’ biography reads as follows

“Blanck Mass is Benjamin John Power, a young musician in thrall to Carl Sagan, Ennio Morricone
and the infinity of nature, both universal and personal.

His eponymous debut album, [is] a collection of tracks loosely themed around cerebral hypoxia and
the beautiful complexity of the natural world.

An interstellar journey that defies classification, revealing itself further and further with
each listen; offering more with each visit.”

That says it all. I did listen to this album, and I did try to decipher it, to reduce it down to a coherent article, but I wouldn’t be able to do it justice. If the description of Blanck
Mass
appeals to you, then I can guarantee you will enjoy this album. For me however, it was all too much.

Drop-D Rating: ?

Published on Drop-D.ie, 4th June 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment